What is this disease, uterine fibroids
Basically, the occurrence of uterine fibroids can be women of childbearing age.Girls, do not begin to live a sexual life and postmenopausal women rarely suffer from this disease.The main risk group in this disease, women 35 to 50 years, the incidence in this group is 35 - 45%.
Types of uterine fibroids
Depending on where in the uterus appeared fibroids, emit 3 types of tumors:
- Interstitial, which is located in the interior of the uterus
- Submikoznaya, much of which is in the uterus, in this regard,cavity deformed
- subserous that grows in subperitoneal
causes of uterine fibroids
- Hormonal disorders in women: late onset of menstruation, abundantly occurring monthly
- Factors mechanical nature that affect the uterus: abortion, traumatic birth, various diagnosticscrapings
- Hereditary predisposition
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid disease, obesity
- irregular sexual life, problems with achieving orgasm
Symptoms, which can detect the occurrence of uterine fibroids
In most cases, the disease is asymptomatic or the symptoms are so minor that the woman did not pay attention to them.The most common uterine fibroids detected during routine inspections.
quite significant and alarming symptoms appear when submikoznom location uterine fibroids or if the size of its significant.It is necessary to be examined by a gynecologist if:
- Menstruation became abundant and long, in connection with this comes a general weakness, fatigue, pale skin
- Aching pain in the abdomen and lower back, sometimes they can be sharp
- laboredurination, prolonged constipation.These painful phenomena can occur at squeezing tumors of the rectum and bladder
detection of uterine fibroids
detection by diagnostic uterine fibroids do not cause difficulties.It is commonly found in the gynecological examination, and to confirm the diagnosis, there are other methods of research, such as:
- pelvic ultrasound
- CT and MRI - quite expensive research, so rarely used
Butmost often to determine the occurrence of uterine fibroids, it is enough to gynecological examination and ultrasound.
treatment of uterine fibroids
treat uterine fibroids can be in three different ways:
- combined, that is, drug therapy after surgery
conservative (medical) treatment of uterine fibroids
to conservative treatment of uterine fibroidsresort in cases where the size of fibroid uterus increases size of not more than 12 weeks of pregnancy, if not lower abdominal pain, lumbar and no heavy menstruation, there are contraindications for surgery.As a result of this treatment can prevent the growth of fibroids, to reduce its volume and to reduce the possibility of complications.In this case, the prescribers containing hormones.
Besides hormonal drugs, the last 10 years successfully used hormonal spiral "Mirena", which operates in a woman's body for 5 years.The principle of the helix that it emits into the uterus of daily hormone that inhibits the growth of tumors.Such a spiral as a contraceptive and prevents unwanted pregnancy.Also, your doctor may prescribe the use of combined oral contraceptives COCs, Jeanine, Regulon, Yarina, if the size of fibroids is not more than 2 centimeters.
Surgical treatment of uterine fibroids
Depending on the woman's age, the location of the fibroids, when uterine fibroid prevents the possibility of getting pregnant, gestation, can be assigned to surgical treatment.Besides the conservative course of treatment is not always positive, in that case, too, is assigned to surgical treatment.In appointing the option of surgical treatment takes into account the woman's age, her health, the size and location of the fibroids in the uterus.
Types of surgery:
- UAE (uterine artery embolization), in which blood vessels in the uterus introduced embolus that blocks the arteries, which in turn, causes necrosis of fibroids.Usually this treatment is given to women of reproductive age who want to become pregnant.
- Conservative miomektamiya in which nodes are removed fibroids, there is only healthy tissue.Appointed by such treatment as the treatment of uterine artery embolization, women interested in pregnancy.
- hysteroresectoscopy, this treatment involves removal (amputation) of the uterus.This method of surgical treatment is usually assigned to women, which is a considerable size of fibroids (more than the size of the 13 weeks' gestation) is the tendency to its growth, the presence of ovarian tumors, with large blood loss during menstruation.
Combined method of treatment of uterine fibroids
most effective method of treatment of uterine fibroids is a combined method.It can be used when surgery is appointed by EMA or miomektamiya.After surgical treatment should be the appointment of medical treatment to avoid relapses.Combined treatment of uterine fibroids may be designated in all cases except when the operation is necessary for the complete removal of the uterus.
What can help folk medicine for uterine fibroids
Traditional methods of treatment of uterine fibroids are not excluded, but the results of this treatment is difficult to predict, here everything is very individual.Phytotherapy is possible with a small amount of fibroids.Suitable treatment tinctures and infusions of nettle, celandine, mint, hawthorn during the day twice, morning and evening.
But with the rapid growth of the tumor treatment of folk remedies can be not only effective, but also to give a negative result.
What are the complications of uterine fibroids
If uterine fibroids are not treated, it faces the following complications:
- spontaneous abortion, fetal death
- rapid tumor growth
- postpartum hemorrhage due to lowering of the tone of the uterus
- emergence of hydronephrosis and pyelonephritis
- And the most threatening consequence of not treating fibroids, degeneration of it in sarcoma (malignant tumor)
Preventive measures that should take to avoid the disease
- survey at the gynecologist twice a year
- Screening pelvic ultrasound once a year
- The use of hormonal contraceptives to avoid abortion
- Reduction of excessive body weight
- The use of vitamins and minerals containing substances with antioxidant effects (vitamins A, E, C, iron, zinc, iodine, selenium)
- regularly brings pleasure, sexuality
If you survey still found uterine fibroids is significant reason to drastically change your lifestyle.You must include in your diet more foods of plant origin products, including in its membership fiber, eat more fish dishes, eliminate fatty meat dishes.
necessary to abandon any thermal procedures, with uterine fibroids, they are absolutely contraindicated.Forget about the sauna, hot tub and sauna, tanning bed, tanning and travels in tropical countries.If you follow all these rules, you will be able to avoid surgery, and if you still operative intervention will be necessary to reduce the possibility of recurrence after surgery.