If you picked a mild form of the disease, the treatment of anorexia nervosa on an outpatient basis, but in other cases we need more serious ways to get rid of the disease.
Symptoms and diagnosis
is very important to quickly identify the signs of anorexia nervosa.
known that it - a disorder in the diet, which is accompanied by the fear of weight gain.
Not being a full human beings by nature, patients with anorexia see themselves as fat and "fatty".
Most often, they set themselves dietary restrictions and strictly adhere to these rules.
According to statistics, at risk are mostly girls and women aged from 13 to 20 years.
first signs can be detected in the early stages of the disease when:
- - patients refuse to eat with your family or in the company, but they can prepare their recipes and entertain them all;
- - refusal to eat is replaced by one large food intake, which causes subsequent vomiting;
- - noticeable oddities in the behavior associated with the storage of products in secluded places
- - patients take laxatives or diuretics, as well as teas for weight loss, with appoint them for himself alone.
should be noted that people who are prone to extreme weight loss, very secretive and often deny their illness, so the timely appointment of anorexia treatment is sometimes delayed.At particular risk are teenagers.
experts still are not able to identify the true cause of the disease, but some facts are born and can be traced to certain stereotypes.
They are connected with the dream of many girls and young women about ideal figure, information disseminated by the mass media.
glossy magazines, websites advertise widely thinness, offer games for weight loss, various programs, electronic gadgets.
relatively reliable diagnosis of anorexia physician supply if they state the following symptoms:
- - a body mass index of Quetelet index is below 17.5;
- - patient avoids receiving food, uses laxatives or medications that suppress the appetite;
- - showed signs of endocrine disorders, and amenorrhea in women, and sexual disorders in men;
- - stop puberty.
In all cases it is necessary to conduct a survey and assign complex measures.
But most patients resist them to the doctor so they are often forced to give relatives.
All activities that involve the treatment of anorexia, depend on the symptoms and are aimed at:
- - normalization of receiving food;
- - the return of the patient to the weight that is considered healthy;
- - psychological correction of adequate perception of their appearance;
- - organizing support from relatives.
Modern treatment of anorexia carried out in several stages, which have their own names and related activities:
- non-specific therapeutic treatment is carried out after the survey and related analysis.The patient was prescribed vitamins and fortifying agents, and bed rest.Among the methods of treatment occupies an important place high-calorie diet and medications that increase appetite.After a few weeks can receive the first results, a weight gain of 2 to 4 kg can be considered a good result.
- Specific treatment of anorexia has also generic, but strengthening therapy added to antidepressants and tranquilizers.Doctors conduct explanatory work, talking to patients about the dangers of starvation and, in some cases, used hypnosis and autogenic training.It checked that at this stage of treatment of the patient is necessary to encourage, praise, to enhance its willingness to cooperate with the doctor and recuperate.
specialists who provide treatment, an important place of group psychotherapy.
It aims at the elimination of emotional disorders that are associated with food intake.
In these patient groups to share their concerns, talk and get advice.Similar exercises are recommended for families that control-treated patients.
Each treatment course involves consultation of qualified doctors nutritionists at all stages.This is especially important when patients are out of hospital and trying to pursue an independent healthy life.
In the arsenal of modern hospitals have the appropriate programs that relate to behavioral therapy and combined with different types of psychotherapy.